Genel Energy has confirmed that Tawke field partners have received a payment of $15million from the Kurdistan Regional Government for oil sales during May 2016.
The payment reflects part settlement of the invoiced amount of $39.28 million for May 2016 Tawke oil sales. This figure incorporates $32.95 million towards contractor monthly entitlement and $6.34 million towards recovery of historical receivables.
The payment will be shared pro-rata by operator DNO and Genel.
Tawke production in May averaged 117,757 barrels of oil per day (bopd), of which 114,848 bopd were earmarked for export.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms