Genel Energy has confirmed that Tawke field partners have received a payment of $15million from the Kurdistan Regional Government for oil sales during May 2016.
The payment reflects part settlement of the invoiced amount of $39.28 million for May 2016 Tawke oil sales. This figure incorporates $32.95 million towards contractor monthly entitlement and $6.34 million towards recovery of historical receivables.
The payment will be shared pro-rata by operator DNO and Genel.
Tawke production in May averaged 117,757 barrels of oil per day (bopd), of which 114,848 bopd were earmarked for export.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on