International engineering firms have submitted bids to expand Saudi Aramco’s Hawiyah gas plant, a news report said.
UK firm Petrofac, Italy’s Saipem and South Korea’s Samsung Engineering are among the bidders, industry sources said, Reuters reported.
Aramco plans to expand the plant’s processing capacity by 1.3 billion standard cubic feet per day.
The project is expected to cost more than $4billion, industry sources estimated told Reuters.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on