International engineering firms have submitted bids to expand Saudi Aramco’s Hawiyah gas plant, a news report said.
UK firm Petrofac, Italy’s Saipem and South Korea’s Samsung Engineering are among the bidders, industry sources said, Reuters reported.
Aramco plans to expand the plant’s processing capacity by 1.3 billion standard cubic feet per day.
The project is expected to cost more than $4billion, industry sources estimated told Reuters.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms