The Norwegian Petroleum Directorate (NPD) has extended the life of North Sea’s Tambar field facility by six more years.
The asset’s Plan for Development and Operation (PDO) was due to expire on July 15th this year.
The NPD granted the extension to coincide with the expiry of production licence 065.
The Tambar oil field is located in the southern part of the Norwegian sector of the North Sea, about 16 kilometres southeast of the Ula field. The field was developed with a remote-controlled wellhead facility without process equipment.
An NPD spokesperson said: “The field is produced with depressurisation. Natural gas expansion combined with pressure support from water drive are the most important drive mechanisms.
“The oil is transported to Ula via pipeline. Following processing, the oil is exported by pipeline to Teesside in the UK via Ekofisk, while the gas is injected in the Ula reservoir to increase oil recovery.”
BP is the operator of licence 065 with a majority 55% stake. Dong Norge owns the remaining 45%.