Archive footage has been unearthed showing the early days of North Sea oil and gas exploration.
The short was put online by the Alaska Film Archives, located at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, USA.
It is believed to have been shot in the North Sea and Denmark around 1967.
One of the platforms is said to be jack up rig Maersk Explorer, operated by drilling contractor Zapata Offshore Drilling.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: The Total-Maersk deal – great for both sides
- Opinion: The importance of employing a talented workforce through apprenticeships
- Opinion: OPEC cutbacks are diluted by oil’s long bloat
- Opinion: Transocean must lead way in thinning out global fleet post-Songa takeover
- Opinion: Preserve to conserve – maximise the value of cold stacking