Archive footage has been unearthed showing the early days of North Sea oil and gas exploration.
The short was put online by the Alaska Film Archives, located at the University of Alaska Fairbanks, USA.
It is believed to have been shot in the North Sea and Denmark around 1967.
One of the platforms is said to be jack up rig Maersk Explorer, operated by drilling contractor Zapata Offshore Drilling.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Renewables continue to break records, but room for improvement remains
- Opinion: Renewables financiers have embraced ‘bundling’ vigorously
- Opinion: How digital can transform oil and gas supply chain and operations
- Opinion: Perception vs Reality – protection against cyber attacks
- Opinion: US shale’s the wild horse that OPEC just can’t tame