Take in the full majesty of the Aberdeen Harbour expansion thanks to drone footage.
The Nigg Bay expansion – which includes building an entire mile of new quay – will target attracting more cruise liners to the city.
Construction work on the overall harbour expansion began in May.
The project will see additional facilities built which will, by 2020, form Aberdeen South Harbour and transform the port’s ability to accommodate larger vessels, opening up potential new revenue streams for the whole of the north.
Aberdeen Harbour Board recently welcomed First Minister Nicola Sturgeon to the port, where she announced that Scottish Enterprise was to contribute £11.7million towards an expansion, expected to help create 2,300 jobs by 2026.
Footage by Dean Crawford of the Aberdeen Drone Company.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?