Take in the full majesty of the Aberdeen Harbour expansion thanks to drone footage.
The Nigg Bay expansion – which includes building an entire mile of new quay – will target attracting more cruise liners to the city.
Construction work on the overall harbour expansion began in May.
The project will see additional facilities built which will, by 2020, form Aberdeen South Harbour and transform the port’s ability to accommodate larger vessels, opening up potential new revenue streams for the whole of the north.
Aberdeen Harbour Board recently welcomed First Minister Nicola Sturgeon to the port, where she announced that Scottish Enterprise was to contribute £11.7million towards an expansion, expected to help create 2,300 jobs by 2026.
Footage by Dean Crawford of the Aberdeen Drone Company.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on