COSL Drilling Europe has mobilised its newest and largest drilling ship to enter the North Sea this weekend.
The COSL Prospector rig, which comes after drilling five deep water wells in the South China Sea, is scheduled to arrive outside Bergen tomorrow.
It will be customised for operations in the Barents Sea.
COSL says it comes ahead of possible work in both Norway and UK this month and in April.
The semi-submersible, which was built in 2014, weighs 34,000 tonnes and can drill depths of up to 7,500metres.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Standardising specifications: a new approach
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter