A decision by the British people to quit the European Union in a forthcoming referendum would trigger a period of uncertainty for the world, BP (BP.L) Chief Executive Bob Dudley told Bloomberg TV on Friday.
Speaking on the sidelines of the St Petersburg International Economic Forum, Dudley said: “It’s not going to change exactly what BP does. We will respond.
“(But) my personal concern is the unintended consequences – no one is quite sure what will happen.
“I’m sure the pound will gyrate a bit. I think it will put the world into some period of uncertainty … including for Britain. So, I’m concerned about that,” he said.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Changed days for operators and the supply chain?
- Does the UK’s subsea industry actually belong to the UK?
- Opinion: Ruling finally gives clarity over evidence for North Sea prohibition appeals
- Opinion: Scrap the shady underbelly of offshore industry
- Can The Shale Boom Avoid These Bottlenecks?