A decision by the British people to quit the European Union in a forthcoming referendum would trigger a period of uncertainty for the world, BP (BP.L) Chief Executive Bob Dudley told Bloomberg TV on Friday.
Speaking on the sidelines of the St Petersburg International Economic Forum, Dudley said: “It’s not going to change exactly what BP does. We will respond.
“(But) my personal concern is the unintended consequences – no one is quite sure what will happen.
“I’m sure the pound will gyrate a bit. I think it will put the world into some period of uncertainty … including for Britain. So, I’m concerned about that,” he said.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on