A new UK tech company is to unveil a fleet of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UVA’s) at this year’s Offshore Europe Event.
Texo Drone Survey & Inspection (UKCS) is the first company in the world to deploy a survey-grade light detection and ranging (LiDAR) surveying system on a bespoke UAV.
UVA’s are often used in oil and gas and renewable energy to conduct visual inspections, thermographic survey and multi/hyperspectral analysis.
Texo Drone Survey & Inspection Ltd currently support a number of industry sectors, including telecoms, construction, renewables and nuclear . But are now moving into offshore oil and gas, where it will aim help clients operate in a safer and efficient working environment as well as being more cost and time efficient.
The Texo drones will be at Offshore Europe between 5 – 8 September.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?