A new UK tech company is to unveil a fleet of Unmanned Aerial Vehicles (UVA’s) at this year’s Offshore Europe Event.
Texo Drone Survey & Inspection (UKCS) is the first company in the world to deploy a survey-grade light detection and ranging (LiDAR) surveying system on a bespoke UAV.
UVA’s are often used in oil and gas and renewable energy to conduct visual inspections, thermographic survey and multi/hyperspectral analysis.
Texo Drone Survey & Inspection Ltd currently support a number of industry sectors, including telecoms, construction, renewables and nuclear . But are now moving into offshore oil and gas, where it will aim help clients operate in a safer and efficient working environment as well as being more cost and time efficient.
The Texo drones will be at Offshore Europe between 5 – 8 September.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on
- Opinion: Ensuring effective digital platforms in the energy sector
- Opinion: ‘We woke up to a very new climate reality when Donald Trump won the election’
- Opinion: The digital revolution is here, and oil and gas needs to catch up