Greencoat UK has bought a wind farm in the Scottish borders for £39.8million.
The acquisition of the 10 turbine Langhope Rig wind farm brings the company’s net generating capacity to 436MW.
Greencoat bought the facility from GE (NYSE:GE) Energy Financial Services
The acquisition, which completed on 24 March 2017, was funded by Greencoat’s revolving credit facility (£37 million) plus cash resources (£2.8 million).
Langhope Rig is located near Hawick in the Scottish Borders, and has a capacity of 16MW and a forecast net load factor of 33%.
It was originally developed and constructed by SSE, was commissioned in December 2015, and receives 0.9 ROCs per MWh.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain