Greencoat UK has bought a wind farm in the Scottish borders for £39.8million.
The acquisition of the 10 turbine Langhope Rig wind farm brings the company’s net generating capacity to 436MW.
Greencoat bought the facility from GE (NYSE:GE) Energy Financial Services
The acquisition, which completed on 24 March 2017, was funded by Greencoat’s revolving credit facility (£37 million) plus cash resources (£2.8 million).
Langhope Rig is located near Hawick in the Scottish Borders, and has a capacity of 16MW and a forecast net load factor of 33%.
It was originally developed and constructed by SSE, was commissioned in December 2015, and receives 0.9 ROCs per MWh.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Collaboration is key, says BHGE after landing BP Tortue FEED work
- Opinion: When will decommissioning industry set record straight?
- Opinion: Prostate Cancer – The Big Taboo is an industry threat
- Opinion: Environmental focus about more than just compliance
- Opinion: Take time to understand the culture of your people