The up and coming stars of the renewables industry were recognised for their achievements last night at the virtual Young Professionals Green Energy Awards.
Organised by Scottish Renewables, more than 300 people tuned into the event, which would normally be held live in Glasgow, to see eight rising stars collect their accolades.
Winners included Hannah Collings of Aberdeen-headquartered consultancy Xodus Group, who took home the project development award.
Offshore wind farm engineer Eishar Bassan, of Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy, was recognised for her role in changing workplace culture for the better.
Her work has resulted in a diversity and inclusion strategy being implemented across the company’s worldwide operations.
ScottishPower Renewables’ Anthony Kinsella snapped up the innovator award for his pioneering work on virtual synchronous machines, which could change the way the electricity system is managed in the future.
The winners were selected by a panel of eight judges from more than 100 nominees.
They will now go on to compete for the young and inspiring award at the Scottish Green Energy Awards, which will be held later this year.
Claire Mack, chief executive of Scottish Renewables, said: “This year’s Young Professionals Green Energy Awards once again showcase the incredible talent pool we have here in Scotland.
“It is truly inspiring to see the drive and dedication of those who are just starting their careers in renewable energy.
“COP26 coming to Glasgow in November will see the world come together to map out what we need to do next to fight climate change and it’s reassuring to know that the innovation and skills of the people taking part tonight will play a key role in delivering those ambitions.
“Congratulations to all the winners, you should be extremely proud of your achievements.”
Young Professionals Green Energy Awards 2021 full list of winners:
- Academic Award (Sponsored by ETP): Fraser Stewart, University of Strathclyde
- Analyst Award: Jack Evans, TTI Marine Renewables Ltd
- Culture Change Award: Eishar Bassan, Siemens Gamesa Renewable Energy
- Engineer Award (sponsored by ESB): Hannah Grainger, BAM Nuttall
- Innovator Award (sponsored by OPITO): Anthony Kinsella, ScottishPower Renewables
- Personal Improvement Award (sponsored by Skills Development Scotland): Ethan Lekalake, Renewable Parts
- Professional Service Award: Olivia Smith, Burness Paull LLP
- Project Development Award: Hannah Collings, Xodus Group Ltd