Energy Voice has captured exclusive footage of the construction of the floating storage and offloading (FSO) unit for Maersk’s North Sea Culzean field.
The vessel is being built by Modec at Sembcorp Marine’s Tuas Boulevard Yard in Singapore.
It will be roughly double the length of the pitch at Manchester United Football Club’s Old Trafford stadium once complete.
First steel was cut for the FSO in summer 2016 with delivery expected in 2018.
First gas is slated for 2019 on Culzean, about 145 miles east of Aberdeen.
The unit will handle condensate from the asset before offloading it onto a tanker.
The video shows the FSO being built in a dry dock.
Footage from inside the vessel shows what will be the storage facilities and anodes attached to the walls to prevent corrosion.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Watch: ERRV navigates North Sea storm in January
- VIDEO: The mighty Statoil Aasta Hansteen travels in style
- VIDEO: Scotrenewables tidal turbine generates energy despite heavy storms
- Video: Scottish green gas can create renewable power
- Video: North Sea Piper ringing in the New Year goes viral
- VIDEO: Hurricane Harvey Video – Day 5