Equinor has today released footage of the installation of the first riser platform in the Johan Sverdrup field project.
The energy firm claim that some 660,000 barrels of oil will flow daily from this platform, worth more than £32 million per day.
The platform is powered from shore, which makes the Johan Sverdrup field one of the most carbon-efficient fields in the world, said Equinor.
The second riser platform is to follow soon after.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Job worries for oil and gas technicians: is clean energy the answer?
- 2018-19 … the pivotal years for New Energy
- CCS needs to start with a bang, not a whimper, DNV GL says
- Let’s get serious about low carbon – no more tax breaks for oil
- Scot Gov return-to-work pledge ‘keeps women in sector’, Aberdeen energy lead says