Data from the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) has shown more than a third of piping and pipeline failures are caused by vibration, erosion and corrosion.
In a bid to help operators focus on investigating and preventing failures rather than locating and analysing data, Xodus created a new software which helps companies replace complex and hard-to-share information.
Mike lewis, global lead in Computational Fluid Dynamics,said:”In the North Sea at the moment, HSE’s own data shows that 35% of all piping and pipeline failures are caused by vibration, erosion and corrosion and Hawxseye deals with that from a design phase by eliminating issues before they become a problem.
Watch the short clip below.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter
- OPINION: Time to take pumped storage hydro seriously