Data from the HSE (Health and Safety Executive) has shown more than a third of piping and pipeline failures are caused by vibration, erosion and corrosion.
In a bid to help operators focus on investigating and preventing failures rather than locating and analysing data, Xodus created a new software which helps companies replace complex and hard-to-share information.
Mike lewis, global lead in Computational Fluid Dynamics,said:”In the North Sea at the moment, HSE’s own data shows that 35% of all piping and pipeline failures are caused by vibration, erosion and corrosion and Hawxseye deals with that from a design phase by eliminating issues before they become a problem.
Watch the short clip below.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on