Drone firm Sky-Futures is flying high after winning a contract to inspect Eni facilities worldwide in the first contract of its kind.
The three year deal with the Italian supermajor is a world first between a drone based technology firm and an international oil and gas operator.
Sky-Futures offers drone data capture, inspection analysis and visualization technology.
The firm, which was was founded in 2009, offers cloud based access to data on operators’ assets from anywhere in the world with an internet connection.
James Harrison, chief executive and co-founder of Sky-Futures said: “By partnering with Eni we can further enhance the benefits on offer by analyzing and forecasting operational issues before they happen.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Energy companies are scapegoating environmental policies for their own gain
- Singapore efficiency even extends to its bankruptcy laws
- Opinion: UK can lead way in designing first nuclear fusion power stations
- Paul de Leeuw: Brexit impact on the oil and gas industry in the UK
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning jobs myth