ExxonMobil said no injuries had resulted from a fire at its refinery in Rotterdam.
The fire broke out yesterday, but the facility remained operational, Reuters reported.
The fire affected a powerformer unit at the complex.
Exxon said it was cooperating with local emergency personnel.
“We regret the incident and any inconvenience caused to the community,” an Exxon spokeswoman told Reuters
Also yesterday, a blaze broke out at a Shell refinery in the Netherlands, but was quickly contained.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Apart from oil sector tax break, Budget was an anti-climax
- Opinion: Out with the old and in with the reconditioned
- Opinion: All the hard work starting to pay off for Aberdeen and north-east
- Opinion: EY’s Derek Leith on what to expect from the Budget
- Opinion: Carbon capture and storage – put the kettle on