ExxonMobil said no injuries had resulted from a fire at its refinery in Rotterdam.
The fire broke out yesterday, but the facility remained operational, Reuters reported.
The fire affected a powerformer unit at the complex.
Exxon said it was cooperating with local emergency personnel.
“We regret the incident and any inconvenience caused to the community,” an Exxon spokeswoman told Reuters
Also yesterday, a blaze broke out at a Shell refinery in the Netherlands, but was quickly contained.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Accountants are the next big thing in renewable energy
- Opinion: The $10 trillion resource North Korea can’t tap
- Opinion: Onshore decommissioning needs a coordinated port plan
- Opinion: How do you use oil’s wealth to build a sustainable future?
- Opinion: Powertrain Wars – Battery or Fuel Cells?