Oil service firm Aker Solutions said today that it had secured a three-year contract extension with Perenco.
Aker will continue to provide operations and maintenance services on Perenco UK’s southern North Sea assets.
Around 75 Aker employees work on the assets.
“Aker Solutions and Perenco UK have built a sustainable and highly performing relationship,” said Sian Lloyd Rees, Aker Solutions U.K. country manager. “A key focus of this contract has been the introduction of a number of cost-saving and continuous improvement initiatives. I am pleased that we are able to continue this partnership through the recent contract extension.”
The companies are not disclosing the value of the contract, which will be booked in the second quarter.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter
- OPINION: Time to take pumped storage hydro seriously