Calendar An icon of a desk calendar. Cancel An icon of a circle with a diagonal line across. Caret An icon of a block arrow pointing to the right. Email An icon of a paper envelope. Facebook An icon of the Facebook "f" mark. Google An icon of the Google "G" mark. Linked In An icon of the Linked In "in" mark. Logout An icon representing logout. Profile An icon that resembles human head and shoulders. Telephone An icon of a traditional telephone receiver. Tick An icon of a tick mark. Is Public An icon of a human eye and eyelashes. Is Not Public An icon of a human eye and eyelashes with a diagonal line through it. Pause Icon A two-lined pause icon for stopping interactions. Quote Mark A opening quote mark. Quote Mark A closing quote mark. Arrow An icon of an arrow. Folder An icon of a paper folder. Breaking An icon of an exclamation mark on a circular background. Camera An icon of a digital camera. Caret An icon of a caret arrow. Clock An icon of a clock face. Close An icon of the an X shape. Close Icon An icon used to represent where to interact to collapse or dismiss a component Comment An icon of a speech bubble. Comments An icon of a speech bubble, denoting user comments. Ellipsis An icon of 3 horizontal dots. Envelope An icon of a paper envelope. Facebook An icon of a facebook f logo. Camera An icon of a digital camera. Home An icon of a house. Instagram An icon of the Instagram logo. LinkedIn An icon of the LinkedIn logo. Magnifying Glass An icon of a magnifying glass. Search Icon A magnifying glass icon that is used to represent the function of searching. Menu An icon of 3 horizontal lines. Hamburger Menu Icon An icon used to represent a collapsed menu. Next An icon of an arrow pointing to the right. Notice An explanation mark centred inside a circle. Previous An icon of an arrow pointing to the left. Rating An icon of a star. Tag An icon of a tag. Twitter An icon of the Twitter logo. Video Camera An icon of a video camera shape. Speech Bubble Icon A icon displaying a speech bubble WhatsApp An icon of the WhatsApp logo. Information An icon of an information logo. Plus A mathematical 'plus' symbol. Duration An icon indicating Time. Success Tick An icon of a green tick. Success Tick Timeout An icon of a greyed out success tick. Loading Spinner An icon of a loading spinner.

Strike dispute with Ponticelli and Semco Maritime brought to an end

© Supplied by TotalEnergiesPonticelli Unite
The Culzean gas field.

A union dispute which brought strike action by hundreds of Ponticelli and Semco Maritime workers has been brought to an end.

Unite said its members have accepted an improved pay offer, on a ballot of 73% in favour and the remaining 27% opting to reject.

The RMT union said the ballot covers collective trade union membership and that it is communicating the result to its members.

The dispute saw 350 workers down tools across several North Sea assets operated by TotalEnergies, including the Alisa FSO, Culzean, Dunbar, Elgin Franklin, Gryphon FPSO, North Alwyn & Shetland Gas Plant.

Strike action was paused a week ago when an improved pay offer came through.

The dispute broke out in October following what Unite called “slash and burn” cuts proposed to pay, terms and conditions, which it said left certain workers facing a drop in their pension of up to £40,000.

Unite regional officer, John Boland said: “Unite members covered by the PBS agreement have today accepted an improved offer put to them, effectively  ending this dispute.

“We do not believe that this action had to happen in the first place if PBS management had only listened to the concerns of the workforce.

“Hopefully moving forward, constructive engagement with the union is the first approach adopted by management to reach agreement, not the last.”

The Unite dispute does not include Brand Energy, a consortium company with Ponticelli and Semco Maritime.

PBS director Andreas Christophersen said: “This is good news – our enhanced offer has been accepted.

“We look forward to working together to build a stable and secure future as one team, united under the PBS banner, delivering jobs for longer in this marketplace”.

Recommended for you

More from Energy Voice

Latest Posts