Cayman-Islands-based contractor Ocean Rig said a deal to sell two vessels to its wholly-owned subsidiary had been abandoned.
The Leiv Eiriksson and Eirik Raude semi-submersibles were expected to transfer to Valiant Offshore once the Marshall-Islands-based firm completed a share offering.
Valiant would have handed over 57.8% of its issued share capital, about 24 million shares, and $110million, as part of the deal.
But Ocean Rig said the offer had been withdrawn following careful consideration of several factors, including the interests of the shareholders of both companies.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPEC decision: how much more oil will this bring the market?
- OPINION: Decom giveaway laudable, but surely better to leave in place
- OPINION: Microsoft data centres – why Orkney?
- Propelling innovation through gender diversity offshore
- Opinion: Firms must strive to attract workers back to sector as skills shortage looms