Step Change in Safety (SCiS) has appointed the acting managing director of TAQA as new co-chair of its leadership team.
Donald Taylor will join Crawford Anderson from Baker Hughes in guiding the Step Change leadership team.
The purpose of the team is to help SCiS deliver safety critical projects, which will have a fundamental impact on the safety in the North Sea oil and gas industry.
Taylor said:“I am delighted to be appointed in this key leadership role for Step Change in Safety. We have an exciting and robust plan for the coming 12 months, focused on further enhancing the safety of our industry. The role of SCiS is even more critical in the current industry environment and it’s vital that we balance these challenges with making the best use of our collective resources.”
He takes the role on from his predecessor Ian Sharp, chairman at Fairfield Energy, who fulfilled the co-chair role for more than seven years.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Service sector could do with a ‘long-term champion’ at government level
- Opinion: It’s time to get excited about the North Sea again
- Opinion: Expanding into new sectors – diversifying to survive the oil and gas downturn
- Don’t get used to the amazing cuts in OPEC oil production
- Oil company injects ‘Frankenstein Bug’ into Earth’s core