Step Change in Safety (SCiS) has appointed the acting managing director of TAQA as new co-chair of its leadership team.
Donald Taylor will join Crawford Anderson from Baker Hughes in guiding the Step Change leadership team.
The purpose of the team is to help SCiS deliver safety critical projects, which will have a fundamental impact on the safety in the North Sea oil and gas industry.
Taylor said:“I am delighted to be appointed in this key leadership role for Step Change in Safety. We have an exciting and robust plan for the coming 12 months, focused on further enhancing the safety of our industry. The role of SCiS is even more critical in the current industry environment and it’s vital that we balance these challenges with making the best use of our collective resources.”
He takes the role on from his predecessor Ian Sharp, chairman at Fairfield Energy, who fulfilled the co-chair role for more than seven years.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Renewables continue to break records, but room for improvement remains
- Opinion: Renewables financiers have embraced ‘bundling’ vigorously
- Opinion: How digital can transform oil and gas supply chain and operations
- Opinion: Perception vs Reality – protection against cyber attacks
- Opinion: US shale’s the wild horse that OPEC just can’t tame