Rieber Shipping’s chief executive has stepped down to take-up the helm of Shearwater GeoServices.
Irene Waage Basili temporarily left Reiber late last year in anticipation of a permanent CEO of Shearwater GeoServices.
The board of Shearwater GeoServices, which is jointly owned by GC Rieber Shipping and Rasmussengruppen, has offered Irene Waage Basili to take on the position as CEO of Shearwater on permanent basis. Irene Waage Basili has accepted the offer and will thus resign the position as CEO of GC Rieber Shipping on April 1.
“The Board of GC Rieber Shipping would like to thank Irene Waage Basili for solid contributions during her six years at the helm of GC Rieber Shipping. We wish her good luck with new responsibilities and we are very pleased that she will continue to work in Shearwater and thus will still be in close contact with GC Rieber Shipping” said Paul Christian Rieber, chairman of GC Rieber Shipping.
Rieber has launched a recruitment bid to find her replacement. Meanwhile, Einar Ytredal will continue to serve the role as acting CEO while Øystein Kvåle will remain acting CFO.
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- So, you think that you know all there is to know about Christmas?
- Opinion: Economic reality is set to box Mario Draghi into a corner
- Opinion: The perfect time to show some spirit for the North Sea
- Opinion: Invest, innovate, initiate in 2018
- Opinion: The Arctic threat to Saudi Arabia’s grand oil bargain