Wick harbour bosses have been dealt a blow after Fraserburgh was chosen to become the operations and maintenance base of Moray Offshore Renewables Ltd (MORL).
They had been in the running, along with Buckie, to service the massive new wind farm being developed in the Outer Moray Firth.
Willie Watt, chairman of Wick Harbour Authority, said: “It’s disappointing news for Wick and Caithness but MORL changed their strategy for the operations, management and maintenance of
their wind farm and we just couldn’t compete for that. If we had the big quay which we’re planning to develop, we would have been in pole position to win the work.”
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Standardising specifications: a new approach
- OPINION: Victim’s son fears another Piper Alpha is ‘just around the corner’
- OPINION: Contractor lawyers in demand as firms reluctant to return to bloated workforces
- OPINION: Are Electric Vehicles changing BP’s business model?
- OPINION: Where helicopter safety is concerned, regulations matter