The North Sea’s S-92 fleet was temporarily sidelined today. The move comes after the Alert Service Bulletin was issued.
The helicopters must now all undergo a visual inspections. It comes after an investigation was launched into an incident on an offshore platform. The helicopter spun and took “gouges out” of the helideck, according to a source.
These photos show the inspections being carried out. To read more about the North Sea recall click here.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- OPINION: North Sea firms need to evolve to attract new talent
- OPINION: Still time for hazardous industry operators to get ahead in digitisation
- Procurement and audit…the missing link? asks AAB
- Aberdeen still energy powerhouse as renewables combine with oil and gas to buoy hopes for the future
- Opinion: Mariner strike – Eat humble pie if needs be