The North Sea’s S-92 fleet was temporarily sidelined today. The move comes after the Alert Service Bulletin was issued.
The helicopters must now all undergo a visual inspections. It comes after an investigation was launched into an incident on an offshore platform. The helicopter spun and took “gouges out” of the helideck, according to a source.
These photos show the inspections being carried out. To read more about the North Sea recall click here.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: The Total-Maersk deal – great for both sides
- Opinion: The importance of employing a talented workforce through apprenticeships
- Opinion: OPEC cutbacks are diluted by oil’s long bloat
- Opinion: Transocean must lead way in thinning out global fleet post-Songa takeover
- Opinion: Preserve to conserve – maximise the value of cold stacking