The North Sea’s S-92 fleet was temporarily sidelined today. The move comes after the Alert Service Bulletin was issued.
The helicopters must now all undergo a visual inspections. It comes after an investigation was launched into an incident on an offshore platform. The helicopter spun and took “gouges out” of the helideck, according to a source.
These photos show the inspections being carried out. To read more about the North Sea recall click here.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- Opinion: Treasury’s North Sea tax paper raises interesting points
- Opinion: Energy Jobline says yes to Sector Mobility within energy
- Opinion: Bridging the energy expectations gap
- Opinion: Kemp – Mergers and asset transactions on the rise in oil and gas sector
- Opinion: Energy companies are scapegoating environmental policies for their own gain