The North Sea’s S-92 fleet was temporarily sidelined today. The move comes after the Alert Service Bulletin was issued.
The helicopters must now all undergo a visual inspections. It comes after an investigation was launched into an incident on an offshore platform. The helicopter spun and took “gouges out” of the helideck, according to a source.
These photos show the inspections being carried out. To read more about the North Sea recall click here.
Recommended for you
Read the latest opinion pieces from our Energy Voice columnists
- With shale oil production like this, who needs Trump?
- OPEC’s plan for the future is to resurrect the past
- Opinion: Shell may hold clue to future in corner of Cobham
- Opinion: How can the government reboot the capacity market?
- Opinion: Service sector could do with a ‘long-term champion’ at government level